Sunday, December 11, 2005

Plastic blocks the whisper from old man winter

Toiled and it took its toll. Bits of paper every 3 feet and plastic scattered everywhere. I just finished putting plastic on the windows to keep the cold out and its definitely one of the most testing activities but at the end no matter what I always feel like I've accomplished something grand. Along the lines of building my own motor. Its there and I've fought the good fight against stepping out of the shower and feeling a nuclear winter. Its like slipping out of a banana leaf in the jungle into an ice cold speedway polar freeze 44 ounce pop with a few melted ice cubes.

So school ended for the quarter on Friday at exactly 12 noon and coincidentally was right when I turned in my last final. After sending the email attachment I threw on my giant plastic geloshes and went to work at the flow facility for another 3 weeks. I was welcomed back with a great now cover for me. Its good to be back home and out of the cold. I don't start my next quarter til Jan 3rd which gives me 3 weeks to put the new lineup together consisting of 3 new members and currently we have about 3 new songs and are looking towards adding at least 3 more.

1 Comments:

Blogger kit said...

Cold in Chicago? Cold in Carbondale! The snow just melted today leaving brown sludge, black cinders, and landfill colored snow in the streets. Enjoy the break, mines 2 days away and I'm celebrating southern style-whisky and busch light.

k.e.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links