Friday, December 02, 2005

snow angel snow angel would you be mine

Walking through the snow is such a novelty at the beginning of winter. Everyday I walk through the same park of the same desable african american history museum. I see the same statues and the same trees. Now though the snow has thrown a new skip in my step and its quite liberating. Let me suggest the song glodoli off the new sigur ros album ,takk, for your next snow walk through the park. Its incredibly angelic and has a march fit for a budweiser clidesdale army. One week exactly til I get to flip the off switch and slip into novels, music, and byobbbbb for 3 weeks. I love the idea of the off lever. The trouble is some people get to a perpetual state in their life when the off switch has a chained sign saying its out of comish. Odds are there is no janitor on his way to fix the one philips head screw to make it operational.

I saw a kid walking around campus with a backpack the size of chunk from goonies and, you guessed it, red flannel pants. I was about to sidle up to him and say, "ain't finals a bitch." but decided he wouldn't understand because when you're in the flannel pants bubble the country could have been bombed and you wouldn't know it. I bet he had double flannels on because oh geez its colder than 7 bitches on a bitch boat today. Oh don't blame me for that comment it came straight from donkey puncherello. Oh yeah back to the idea of it being cold, you know its freezing when you shoot some window shield wiper fluid and you get amazing ice crystals forming across your window which are quite awe inspiring until you realize they completely impede your ability to drive. The winter experience is much better when felt indoors. For example I worked from home yesterday morning, by work I mean finished a homework assignment, and it had snowed about a foot and I was able to wake up naturally, enjoy a long shower, have a bowl of cereal, and drink a cup of coffee. That would be a nice lifestyle which I plan on achieving one of these days but just seems ridiculously too good to be true right now.

In pip news, I got the new iron and wine with calexico from jeff a couple days ago and its great. Aside from a couple stinkers its a nice mix, especially "16, maybe less" which sounds like a song about a petterass but really its just Iro talking about being that young. Anand is coming in this saturday call me if you're interested. I'll only be out for something like a 4 hour period this entire weekend due to finals so pick your battles wisely.

3 Comments:

Blogger kit said...

Jschneids,

I'm glad someone else can sympathize with the finals crunch/incredibly liberating month that follows. I'm up to my elbows in assholes and homework right now. I was all set for a month long dance fest when my advisor says that I should start working over break on my thesis. Boo hoo. I'm determined to at least ignore all responsibilities for at least 3/4 weeks, possibly even some in Chicago? Good Luck on those finals!
k.e.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jeff Schneider said...

come! I already lectured natalie. It could be a repeat of the dreamy snow weekend when we walked through the blizzard to blockbuster for outside providence. A little hazy though. Do you want to go ice fishing up north?

2:20 PM  
Blogger Kit Nat said...

How about New Years Eve in Chi town???

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links