Thursday, November 17, 2005

following the brasky bus

On my way to work today I saw a truck with two bumper stickers which read:

1.) You shouldn't steal...it gives the government competition

2.) My wife and dog are missing...reward for dog

Its been so cold that I've been resorting to hotboxing my bathroom until its a misty haze and then proceeding with normal showering rituals. Sure it peals the paint off the walls but the feeling of getting out of the shower and not freezing your ass off is priceless. However once I open the door its like walking into wintery narnia. But of course I'm dry by then and the vulnerable moment of wet cold unmentionables is gone.

Saw 3 movies in the last week and in a kitean grading style I give them in an ascending order of intellectual engagement

3. Kingdom of Heaven-a lot of bang and no buck. God and jesus didn't even have a role in the movie for christs sake. Legolas didn't even shoot any arrows.

2. You, me, and everyone we know- the movie is a look into disfunctional people interacting. It had some good lines but sure was strange. Also a bit artsy. For a minute I thought I was going to see a scene with a crying clown flipping pancakes.

1. Down by Law- Roberto Benigni at his finest. He reminded me of Kubush alot which made me nostalgic. Tom Waits was clutch and his music throughout the whole movie was the icing on the cake. Even further the dialogue was the candy bride and groom on top of the cake. Standing tall as a beacon of light in this movie review.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

that's weird, i just saw kingdom of heaven last night and thought the same thing -- lots of awesome action, but no real involving plot, characters, or even historical/religious dissection.

But that leper king was pretty sick.

-pip

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bishai said...

how awesome was that one scene in me, you, everyone... with the pooping back and forth?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jeff Schneider said...

you know back and forth back and forth.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

crazy people interacting? when i hear that, i think of the movie Crazy People starring darryl hannah and duddley moore. why i ever saw that movie as a young child, i'll never know

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links