Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Summer is a wasteland

The summer is nice and all but it tends to be a void of people bumping into each other looking for the beach or tennis courts. As far as thesis work goes, the summer sucks at my brain like in starship troopers(maybe I'm thinking of the wrong movie, which is the one where they stick the suction thing into peoples head to get their brains). Life's been slowing down nicely and I'm looking forward to the fall and the bears(even with sexy rexie playing subpar, I heard mike north saying rex is like a polish girl, either he's smoking hot or he's horribly ugly out there).

Been listening to The National lately and have been liking them. Kind of mix between broken social scene and Interpol. Thanks to pip as usual for hooking me up with a new band. I'm super excited about animal collective coming to the vic on September 10th. They're probably my favorite live band as everytime I've seen them they put on an amazing live performance. I've also been going to lots of movies lately. I saw the Ten which was soso, a few laughs at some interesting situations, definitely a rental. I saw the simpsons which was better than the new episodes but not as good as the old ones which left me feeling meh. Finally I saw Superbad which had superb dialogue and a hilarious scene where Micheal Cera sings "these eyes." Definitely one of the better movies I've seen in a year or so. Although I like knocked up, I thought this one was better. Whereas knocked up was a pre-fabricated love story where the cute girl goes for the ugly guy, superbad was a much more easily digestable version of graduating highschool, kind of like freaks and geeks.

Darling's first album Ground is Sound just got review in bootleg magazine. Go to our myspace page to read the review. We will be playing in a couple days at the Subterranean for 6 bucks. We will be playing with baby and hide and Rock Falls(annies band). Come out if you're around. Get one last taste of summer before it shrivels away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

glad pip has finally warmed up to the national - if you haven't heard their 2005 album 'alligator' (pip didn't approve as much as i did), check it out - while their new album is pretty awesome, at times i think i like 'alligator' better.....hope you're doing well
-chris

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links