Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I can put my periscope away

To spare you the boredom of me pushing over a ten foot high tall stack of papers which all encompassed me to the fact that I was in a diaper with lacerations on my arms, I'll skip to the point after I hit send for my final paper that was due at 12 noon today. Of course I sent it at 11:48 with the disclaimer that I'm nervous about it getting lost in space and that if I could get an email back that would be great. From here the order of events were quite piecemeal. How do you pick up after you've been focusing on something for a week straight. You begin to see everything little thing in your day with a bit more magnitude. Like taking a shower was perfectly accompanied today by Grandaddy. Lunch was another great getaway as I went to my brothers to pick up a bowling ball(packed lunch from the suburbs, termed bowling ball due to the tremendous weight of the amount of food care of your nervous parents who believe the city is a freeforall when it comes to survival). I ended up watching an episode of Tom and Jerry where Tom is trying to impress the girl cat that he's the man-cat and all she wants is a cat that'll dress in a zoot suit and talk all jive-like. From here I took off for the waters edge to put up rent flyers around campus and it was strange I actually got a call and saw people grab the pull tabs as I was walking away. It was a funny dive into college hocked full of ASU hooded Sweaters and Oakleys, Headphones and rollerblades, Goth girls with their terrible smilefrowns,and last but not least the track kids ready to do hurdles outside on a freezing cold march afternoon, you know college. From here I headed back home to start the yeast reaction for making pizza dough. This gave me exactly a half hour to go back to my brothers to get MirrorMask(the new one from jim henson studios), deposit a few checks, and fill my car up with gas. At the gas station I marveled at the Rozol pharmacy at Western and August wondering how there still in business what with the walgreens every 5 blocks. I noticed the picture diabetic shoes and I thought it must have been a type but I guess people with diabetes need special shoes. News to me. This was all done with 30 seconds to spare. Oh how did you get past the Milwaukee/Western intersection...a little thing called the Rockwell highway to bypass that hornets nest. Added flour which takes 90 minutes to rise and went to the Cub which is of a bit less quality than jewel and dominics but closer and significantly cheaper. Pizza was a delight as I made stuffed crust pizza with pesto around the edges, fresh mozzerella on top along with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepers, and fresh parma. Not to mention a few leaves of basil as it comes out of the oven so as not to be crispy. Watched that new movie mirrormask which was totally awesome and I suggest it to anyone slightly intersested in jim henson studios(studios mind you the man is dead in flesh) or interested in dreams(Neil Gaimon-Sandman/American Gods). Then I hopped up to annies in my slippers, guitar, and glass of beer in hand to talk with Yishai and her about selecting band names. Annie was giving herself a hard time about band names after picking "rockfalls" which she said was not set in stone yet(no pun intended). I told her just to remember that nothing can be worse than my brothers first band, "the band with no name." It should be proclaimed by a guy with a cowboy voice. But then there's the fact that I played in both a punk band(mundanes) and ska band(snookas) in highschool and the realization that we all have our demons. I'm not going to re-read this blog as doing that will make me shutter at proofreading my terrible grammar for actually papers I needed to turn in.

H-biird tomorrow be there at the hideout and it will be fun I swear. The hideout is always fun. Its just a 1/4 mile enough out of our comfort zones.

2 Comments:

Blogger one too many mornings said...

correction..we were never called "a band with no name.." that was just what was written on our demo before we had a name thought up. my first band was with rob haldeman and dan sullivan and was called "the frozen dicks" from there I joined up with gary landess in the "last eclipse" and then met pat and pet to form "bob barker's fantasy" okay this was totally un-necessary but fun to post!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your post was a fun read. reminded me of my favorite part in rules of attraction where the sossymans boyfriend comes back and describes his whirlwind trip in europe in one huge run-on sentence

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links