Friday, January 20, 2006

13 minutes

In the library at a computer console and its 10:47am. I've budgeted myself 13 minutes to explain the recent lull in posts. There actually is no reason, much like kit, not much has been happening and its quite an excuse cause things happen everyday. 10:49 and I'm thinking about the progression it took me to get from class to home yesterday and scanning for funny cultural commentary. There we go I was driving home through a bad neighborhood and turn left on to a street where to street walkers were loitering and they yelled at me for driving around them. That wasn't quite anger-inducing and actually made me laugh. That was pretty week as well. 10:52 and I dig a little deeper enjoying a fun bears loss with friends, 7layerdip, chili, and as nick pointed a 12er a person. I was thinking that everyone knew the bears were going to win which is why they didn't. I guess we were all riding the south side double decker into this winter season. I must say it did warm things up. 10:55 and scrambling for substance and actual useful knowledge to convey, boom, easy target, movies and music. The Corporation is a movie that makes me wanted to run away put a bandana on my head and hold signs around places that need a change. Much like Fahrenheit 911 it got me to a fervor point and I get the boiling sweat thing going but then it sits in a emotional retirement camp in my head. I've plans to smoke them out soon but in an organized manner. I also saw La Dolce Vita by Fellini and he's never made more sense than he does now. Backwards dialogue about a man who's in a loveless marriage and progresses from a good man into a total bastardo in the course of 2 hours and 47 minutes. 10:59 what do I have left but music and the latest obsession being Andrew Birds Bowl of Fire with the Mysterious Production of Eggs. The nervous tic motion of the head to the left makes me turn my head just a slight bit every time I hear the chorus. Alright times up

1 Comments:

Blogger kit said...

Awesome, this grad school rut-funk is contagious. I think Andrew Bird is somehow infiltrating academic america.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links