Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Enough shameless self-promotion and on to the news

Looking back on my past few blogs and it has been entirely self-serving so I
will take a break from myself and begin the social commentary swing my blog
tends to take. First off its nice to see Chicago turning around to slap the
cancer cloud out of its bars/restaurants. Even if its a slap that takes 3
years, thats a well meant slap and not just playing around like that slap that caused Morris Peterson to get ejected from the game. The show was fun and we sold 7 shirts and 0 cds. Thank you to Ruby for the hot-tub party to celebrate munchies birthday. Jason loves baseball and there was no shortage of throwing the old orange around. It should be fun tomorrow night as well seeing Ruby and Brett off with a good damen crawl starting at the lovers lounge/sangria and ending up at anywhereland. Then theres the part V at gunther murphies but thats looking a little too far down the line. Here is an itmized list of things about the last month.


MOVIES: King Kong was great even though when he was punching godzilla I almost laughed, but pure jackson beyond that. Walk the Line made me want to buy a cabin in the woods and never look back. That meant I liked it.

FOOD: I made my own chili tonight for the first time in my life. I didn't have a recipe so I made it up. I added 2 big cans of crushed tomato, 2 cans of kidney beans, 2 cans of chili beans, 2 bell papers(one red and one green), 1 zucchini, 2 small tomatoes cut into eighth's, 2 cups of soy crumbles(browned), 2 tablespoons of cumin, and 2 tablespoons of chili powder. Steps include putting chopped tomatoes and beans together and heating followed by cooking all the veggies over the stove and adding them slowly. Season to taste.

BOOZE: Never drink the seasonal Budweiser drink called winters bourbon ale as it tastes like your taking a shot really slowly and after you put the pint down you get that queasy feeling like your attempting to kill a bottle of hard liquor(and I don't touch the stuff).

SCHOOL: Straight B's, time to stop freaking out.

HOMESTEAD: As clean as an apartment can be 2 weeks before an art show. A couple of 3 week old net-flax laughing at me from atop the coffee table. La Dolce Vita and the corporation. Fixing to throw the christmas tree out Possibility of getting a couple more fish. This time they'll survive I swear. At least we can keep the cat alive. It looks like an ewok and that makes me happy.

TELEVISION: Sad that Arrested development is gone but happy there is only one night of TV to watch(thursday office/oc combo).

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: Keep a real budget and cut out soda pop. So far so good.

3 Comments:

Blogger kit said...

What a golden light your streetlamp shines. The chicago magnet is turning its huge red U onto my steel self! Zounds! Sorry we missed you guys at NYE, well come up soon, or you come down soon. Something will definitely have to happen, SOON!

k.e.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the thanks. i had fun and thank YOU for dealing with moni's car. see you tonight

11:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Fantastic! Part V was great tonight - and I loved talking to that waitress and slipping her my number with the title of a book I told her to read.

CHICAGO!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links