Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Robot Ate my addiction to the Mountain Goats

Although I vowed this to not be musical review blog I must say that the album Carousel Waltz by The Robot Ate Me has got to be best album I've heard since The Unicorns-Who will cut our hair when we're gone. They even sound like the unicorns at times mixed in with a few flaming lips ghosts swooping around in and out of chorus lines. It takes you down a dark road and along with having your vision impaired you don't even know what direction the music will go in. I heard keyboards, trumpets, a clarinet and echoey voices in a good nonconventional way like califone.

Yesterday I went to pick up my guitar and an old dinosuar was playing this pokadot yellow guitar that looks like it headlined the 1988 def leppard tour. The guy started ripping these disgusting "hammer on and let the cock rock palace listen" solos and I'm sorry Erich your not going to like this but I hope they go the way of the dinosaur. Sometimes I feel like these old guitars once they lose their owners are destined to end up like cartoon hotrods in a junk yard sitting on top of each other begging to be taken out for a cruise like herbie the lovable bug. Its funny how we associate life with organic free materials like cars and guitars. As if they speak our soul without us knowing and really have a life. The best analogy I can make are transformers. When they're alive they're cut loose and in your face with an attitude that screams, "recycle to the extreme mannnnn!" But when they die out like Optimus Prime in the Transformers movie they turn gray just like old cars and guitars do once there past there Prime. Optimus prime that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links