Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Il Postino

This morning amidst an awesome thunderstorm while most of us were lying in bed getting an ambient overload a postman was struck by a bolt of lightning. He's in stable condition but thats the final nail in the coffin of my complaining about work phase. I mean when there are people out there who not only have to wake up early and get chased by dogs but also get struck by bolts of lightning you should feel a little greedy.

The mountain goats are playing this friday at logie squared theatre I'm going. listen hear
The new album sunset tree sounds a little like weakerthans at parts(did I hear a half stock go up at the grinding company) and a little bit mellower alla Owen at other parts and finally a little angry alla bright eyes at middle parts. The album grew on me as I dismissed it on my first listen as being blase and mainstream. The album is dedicated to abused people which is cool yet depressing as hell. I mean this one song I totally dismissed because it sound too cutsie like the cinnamon song by the long winters(god I hate hate hate that song, get bent you cheezeball) but upon listening to lyrics via calling in the ADD police. I actually quite like the song. Theres a part where he talks about playing his record player when stepdad threw a glass at his mom and him finally knowing what a volume knob was for. God thats some good writing. Well this goes to you kit for giving things a second chance.

Finally I had an realization that terrible repressed childhood memories =creativity/insanity and there is a coefficient that separates the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links