Thursday, January 20, 2005

Even when one light dims

Yesterday my brother left his lights on all day and needed a jump after work. I thought it was pretty foolish on his part but as I was walking in today my brother called me and told me I left my lights on as he had parked behind me. It seemed to be some sort of double karma voodoo going on. Taking 200 steps back, does anyone believe in Karma anymore? Karma has Hindu origins and here's one way of looking at it: all good actions produce good effects, and bad actions bad....The fruits of good deeds bring pleasure and enjoyment to the doer, while fruits of bad deeds cause him suffering and pain. Events like the recent tsunami however, make you doubt everything under the sun what with the 150,000 people not being able to live their lives to the fullest. I know its a rash example but clearly defines that nothing in this universe is layed out for us. For all we know we have just as much a soul as a minnow. At least they have an open circulatory system. Last week my brother told me he was done arguing with people about whether or not one has a soul and I told him although I disagreed with him I still found it good conversation. On Monday I was hanging out with GP and KB til 2 in the morning talking about everything and nothing and found it quite refreshing along with the cold sodas. Screw Pangea and souls I believe in the religion of conversation. Maybe I'm throwing that word around too loosely but that really is what matters in the world and everyone can be judged on an even playing ground pending you have a translator. I guess that's the point of this blog thing, an even exchange of thoughts at any possible time and location in the world. "you can watch female mud wrestling on one channel while playing mortal combat with a friend in Vietnam on the other, the possibilities are endless!" Being a narrow-minded freshman in college I never really understood the need to be an English major. But after a few years I realized that literary circles and English professors push the future writers of America into the real world and out of the fantasy camp of college. By senior year I realized the English Building was the building to put up flyers for shows and how envious I was of people who majored in creative writing. With all that said I still wouldn't major in English if I could do it all over again. After all I write like a 3rd grader.

1 Comments:

Blogger kit said...

Evidence of Karma:
Natalie threw a snowball at the back of a friends head a couple weeks ago and SPLAT. The same day walking calmly down main street a huge sheet of snow careened of SHOOM and hit her in the head. Instant Karma.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links