Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Better switch to the backup engines because half my brain is out

This morning I took a shower and after drying I put deodorant on. Only I forgot to wash the soap out of one of my armpits. That's quite perplexing. I also woke up at 6:30 this morning with high hopes to get work done but fell back asleep for the second day in a row. Can't build a house with good intentions.

Maybe I can't build a house now but will my neural network rebuild the appropriate pathways to get me focused again? I took a class in college where we computer simulated the action potential in your brain and how your mind works. We'll always have computers I guess.

These weekends are additive I believe and although I like to boogie it seems that we are all frying our brains on a regular basis. I keep thinking of the Johnny Depp Ad with the egg and the frying pan and the any questions?

I remember about a year ago I decided to try to go two weeks without any boozies. I really felt my head rebuild. In my head I had little people putting up new drywall and raking leaves into piles. You know general housekeeping and repair. At the end of week two though I decided to wet my whistle at the local drunk tank. I always start out with a fancy schmancy beer like a Bells Oberon...

...Translation in my head....

Oberon walks into the joint with his shiny shoes and twirling cane. "look who's back," he roars. In behind trail little old style goblins like sentinels causing damage to everything under my skull. Jumping in leaf piles, sticking their heads through dry wall, swinging from the ceiling fan...rascals. The repair workers have nothing to do but hide till the coast is clear sunday morning when they pick up their pick axe again and go back to work on the what seems like a Sisyphean task. The dream was over. They saw the high water mark of what could have been.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

bravo, jeff.

your finest post yet.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links