Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today felt a little like Monday's Bears game

So today started pretty early and with the pouring rain traffic was a slam-jam from the get-go.(Early lead in the first quarter) I barely made it to a talk I wanted to see at 8am. But one steaming joffee mug later and a cinnamon muffin, bannana nut muffin, and poppy sead bread piece later I was sitting pretty. (Gould's kick is good) Later that day I got the results of the test back for my emissions and I needed to replace 3 seperate pieces which the last owner ripped out before selling the car(flagrant enticing penalty). I guess I should have taken the guy to small claims court(4th and going for it as apposed to kicking the easy field goal) but I am going to Delgados on Western. I'm probably going to have to fork up a bit of cash roughly equivalent to a kick in the buds. Part two of todays angst and irony had to do with my thought to be broken power supply for my computer. It kept turning off once I started it(poor offense time to kick again). The tech said I would have to get either a new motherboard or new harddrive.( 4th interception of the day, yowser, looks like that matches the rest of the season we've played so far). When I got home I was hell bent on figuring out what was wrong with the computer so I asked myself why the computer was turning off. Obviously it wasn't cause of the power since the lights were on in front. I reasoned it must have been the on button which for some reason could have been pushed in too far. Possibly the spring was out of place. So I used a mini-swiss army knife and a couple of pins and the computer was humming again(kick is no good, go back to champaign you chump).

Getting back to the day, I watched To Kill a Mockingbiird again and enjoyed myself after being enticed by the AFI's top 100(running in at #7 of all time). After that I went over to churchills and we bottled the pale ale we made 3 weeks ago. It should be good in a week and our next endeavor will be a good stout. While bottling we interchanged bottling and viewing some Wayne's World 2 which is remarkably funny. I think I may have trenched out a little too long in WWI after seeing it 15 times and should have spent some more time with WWII which I probably only saw twice. I laughed outloud when Kim Bassenger took Garths manhood and a couple scenes later he has cologne on and straight hair down the front...
Kim: Garth you seem like a man who likes to be in control
Garth: Yeah, one time in seventh grade my sister asked me if she could borrow my def leppard record and I was like sorry no way

The bears game was quite a spectacular and if you couldn't tell from the aforementioned first paragraph, Da bears were shuffling through my head all day long. I mean there was about 7 alternate endings to last nights game all which could rival the 4 endings made for XMEN3. To name a few, when the bears didn't kick the field goal in the 4th quarter on fourth down. If they had kicked it then they would have still been down 4 points, and definitely wouldn't have been able to run the turnover in for a TD. Then you have the play where that Card landed on one of our players and barely scraped his knee(and spelling bee) on the ground ruling a downed played and not a stupid dancing parade in the endzone. Then there's the last field goal which probably shouldn't have warranted the card's offensive line to have gotten fired today. They have had a string of bad luck and if anything the offense did a hell of a job(minus that total douchebag lionheart who used to stay at the Hilton in Paris).

Alright too much excitement for the first couple days of this and need the much needed break given by guys night serving as a mini weekend in the middle of the week. This week its the taste of Joe McCahill's hood(last time it was Wabash Tap for Boomsma and the week before was at The Bob Inn in my neck of the woods).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, a few things:
1. The bears game was crazy! My GM is a crazy steelers fan & was reveling in every moment until the end. It was great to rub it in his face...although lots of luck played into that one.
2. Our head chef owns a garage on western close to us = much cheaper place than any owned by white people. So next time, maybe you should go there and get an estimate.
3. I think I've only seen WW2 once and I must to see it several more times.
4. If you're available next wed. to help us move, let me know. Food & drinks will be provided.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links