Monday, March 27, 2006

Just like old timers

As I walked to the fireside last night I began to get nestalgic about seeing Oblivion play at the fireside every weekend my freshman year of highschool. Once I entered the building though it didn't feel the same. Its like when doc from field of dreams walked out and turned into an old man just to save the little girls life. The only girls life I was saving was a golden girl and that would be my sodie for the show. In any case I came to see Make Believe and they fell a mighty bit below the mark. I don't know if they're getting bored but they taunted the crowd saying we could leave if we didn't like the music and that what is good music and who really knows. I got a little annoyed by them playing a couple of encores with songs from earlier on in the set. The second doubler they cut off half way through to end the set, not a pretty sight. It still felt cool and even more thought provoking alone.

I can't stop clicking on this link. Its different everytime. Its like a mouse in a cage pushing the dopamine button til it dies. Thats how bad I like watching the fall of ol G. Walker Texas Ranger. The best part is you can drag him around with the mouse.

Last week I went on springer break, I do believe I may be the only one still saying that but it was a nice little solo trip to boston/new york. Highlights of harvard were hanging out at razzys with tommy and his townie friends, eating bread bowls on the square, and topping it and attempting a shirtless doorless in the Harvard Library(ID needed). I skipped town on the awkwardly cheap busline from boston to newyork thats based out of chinatown. I sat behind an old new york couple and it was like daggers piercing my ears til I was a circa 70's punkster brewhaha. Lets put it this way as soon as they sat down the husband goes, "well I don't want to talk to you either I think your annoying." Following this they called there son 3 times on the way home to be ready to pick them up:

Dad:Hey hows it going
Son:blablabla
Dad:We'll be ready for dinner
Son:blablabla
Dad: I slept off and on
Mom:HE SLEPT ALL THE WAY, I WAS THE ONE THAT DIDN'T GET ANY SLEEP

I can only imagine the poor sap on the other end of the telephone. Once I got to New York things moved to the pace of the new york minute and I was fighting to stay above water but then I got to mikes with an amstel light 12 pack I unwound a bit. The next day I went to central park and lazied around there for a while. I stumbled into a conversation with a crazy "central park facts" man. I was walking around a sun dial bench when I heard...

crazy: Two days ago it lined up perfectly
....I was startled but for some reason engaged in conversation.....
Me:Really, do you know when this was built?
crazy: first introductions.
crazy: I'm the one who bailed your asses out of WWII and Korea.
Me: Cool!
crazy: That Frick Museum is really cool
Me: Yeah, I'm a sucker for Renaisance art
crazy: They have the largest leonardo davinci ever
Me: Really, I'm sold. I'm going there
Me: thanks, whats your name
....see him wipe about two eggs worth of snot onto his hand
crazy: sorry I'm a little sick
Me: thats okay, my name is jeff whats yours
crazy: I DON'T HAVE A NAME I'M AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!!!!

And with that he ran away. I went into the museum only to find out I was tricked by a crazy man with lots of faulty knowledge about new york. No Leo D here, just lots of lets Goya nuts over boring paintings. After this I was a little crushed so I had a couple of slices of pizza and was revitalized. I went to the Moma using my friends mike's ID and didn't feel bad as the entry fee was 20 bucks. The Edvard Munch exhibit was tops and contained the frieze in its entirety(minus the scream those bastards). The Frieze is an inner turmoil Edvard had over 3 decades about life,love, and heartbreak. To spare you the gritty details I'll supersummarize the rest of my trip...Went to ellis island found my great grandfather Franc Znidersic(my grampa changed his name to schneider when he became a boxer, he wanted to be called Van Schneider but he didn't get cocky and kept it plain and simple like along came a spider)...hung out with simmons the last as we went to a rainboesque type bar inside an old pool supply store. It even had a cool outdoor fire in the backyard. I challenged someone to breakdancing and had a good old walk off old members warehouse style. My handspring and worm were no match for his hand spins. It was a nice send off and that ended my trip in New York

The only logical choice after that was a laid back peaceful weekend. That didn't happen and I'm getting tired of posting so I'll leave this picture to sum up the thousand words I would have used.



2 Comments:

Blogger Bishai said...

that Dubya link is hilarious, there sure is some random shit on the internets. Trip sounds awesome - and great party last weekend.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I give it two thumbs up. laugh out loud funny.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links