Monday, August 15, 2005

It scares me just a little

Last night I finally got around to watching Ghost in the Shell and it has the fastest moving plot I've ever managed to follow. I suggest watching it with english subtitle because the american voices sound like gijoe characters and the Japanese version sounds like star wars characters. I prefer the latter. The movie brought out a wave of apathetic emotion in me. With that in mind it really began to frighten me imagining people who are so deep into japanimation. Everything from having extras with emotion and catching light off the street light in sunglasses, its all a bit too real. Its like giving up on this life and creating an altogether artificial reality. But instead of making it happy, its quite bleak like the real world. Thats something I can't seem to understand which is why I reaffirm that people who are deeply into japanimation must have darker issues inside thats are brewing a necesity for an outlet of sorts. When all is said and done the movie blew me away and I'm a little hooked. The only movie I had seen before that was spirited away which served as an excellent primer. I'll take a moment to characterize this internal conversation. I'm biting the hand that feeds beautiful images into my head and attempting to build a fort made out of reality pillows to block out the tiny bodies and incredibly round eyes. Its like my mind is saying go ahead jump in, the water is warm but of course I have to notice the sign marked man eating sharks beware. Great Jeff jump into this little time sucker, its the most euphoric experience you'll get, just there's one catch you have to devote all your time to million dollar baby bed soars and "ray" eye gelatination. Fair trade for some yes, but I can't give up on the sun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Schneider said...

no its the one with the cyborg that gets a human brain.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Sprague said...

whoa.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links