Thursday, August 11, 2005

Burning up in the atmosphere entering laziness for a month

Life has been more work and less stress these days which relaxes my mind and energies my soul. There is a steep slippery slope between creativity and laziness that I think can only be described in a question I made up in 5 seconds from now. When do we live? Before we're established in life or after we've grown old. Thats to say that they both actually happen. It kind of reminds me of the line in Its a Wonderful Life when Jimmy Stuart says, "What you have to wait till you're old before you can buy your own house and spend the best years of your life living in a potterville." Maybe that's not how it goes but brings up a funny story of when I made my entire hostel watch this movie on Christmas day in Budapest. If you thought hostels are made up of strange people, imagine it on christmas when most people in society are with there family. I don't know what is bringing on this thought process but I believe it has something to do with this transition period. Transition periods in general are times of self reflection and hopefully realigning with society and giving it another stab. Be it the transition between highschool and college or the transition between academia and company, there will always be voices questioning saying," ehhh what the hell." In life comfortability is such a farce, keep moving or you'll go insane. That's why older peoples clothes seem so outrageous and they're always trying new diets and trends. Its an attempt to maintain stability in an ever-evolving world.



Go see Hummingbiird at the darkroom tonight. They go on at 11pm. The darkroom is located at the corner of Leavit and Chicago(between damen and western). Its gonna rock. IMPEACH PST! VIVA LA HUMMINGBIIRD.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - spent Christmas 2002 in a hostel in London. Memories from that: going to the hostel bar, a Swiss dude asking me to translate some Dubya quote at the beginning of a Michael Moore book, me trying to explain that the quote was there because it's nonsensical and showing how dumb dubya is. Some Chinese girls asked me if I wanted to go to St. Paul's for midnight mass, and I replied that I was going to bed. I saw them coming back from mass when I was sitting in the parking lot at 1:30 or so, getting drunk alone on bottled pints of Newcy and drunk dialing America.

Ah, hostels on Christmas.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links