Friday, July 08, 2005

a shoe in the face goes thud not whack

I went walking around edgewater last night after reaching an agreement and saw three guys in Standees all around mid forties with tank tops and the likes regalia. I thought nothing of it until I saw them later on come out of one of those quote on quote wig shops and one of the three sprayed cologne on himself and walked through the mist he created in the air. This led me to believe that wow that proves my point that over half of the stores in chicago are fronts for some other either very grand or very evil purpose. This idea was first given birth and nurtured in my head when I was 19 and I saw the old school fitness place that was on 5th and green in Champaign. This place was never open for the four years I went to UofI but they always had displays set up like old school nikes with a tennis uniform next to it or dumbbells with a weight trainer outfit hanging over ghostlike. I always wondered why it was attached to a creepy old burbs style house. The place has probably since then been paved over and made into a potbellies. But places like this still exist. I don't know how they form when not inherited. I have trouble enough just paying the bills and I can't imagine saying, "what the hell I might as well specialize in a store that sells only phone cards, I'll make a killing." As I write this I wonder if these people are happier now that they have money or are sad everyday for not really following their dream. After that idea spun in my head for a couple hours I headed over to the singleman affair show and was quite impressed with mostly the whole set. A mic'd sitar is worth ten sitars in the bush or something like that. The added ibanez DE7 was just the icing on the cake. Sometimes the lore of the DE7 makes me wish we could plug it into ourselves, it would be like a six flags ride only hipster cool. wah wah wahhhhhhhlalalalalalalalala. After the show we went over to Gary's secret garden to drink a magnum of wine and talk. I showed Gary my new shoes and he tossed it back to me not to different than that guy in Austin Powers I whose only power is throwing nice shoes at peoples' necks. I thought I saw him adjust his head afterwards and felt at first that I was about to be in a pepsi twist commercial. Is that Halley Berry now? In a weird twist of events the job that I found for Kelly and that Dan sealed the deal on used to of a friend of Jeff G's. I was like of course it is and welcome to the circle its full of tentacles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links