Friday, March 04, 2005

Orphan boats,unicorn pens, and school

So I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately and maybe its due to raised stress levels and misfortunate tow jobs. Last week apparantly I woke up screaming "Man that Hirschs(like hurts)" I was supposed to interview with a professor at Northwestern name Emmitt Hirsch but at the last minute got switched. Coincidance, probably, but maybe it could be a one way avenue into a town not on any maps, known only to its inhabitants as the twilight zone. Two nights ago I had a dream that I was at Kelly and Gary's and there was a cockroach the size of an armadillo in the living room. I was pretty freaked out about it. In addition The unicorns were recording the new PST album and they had a picked fence around the mix boards where Dan was hanging out with them. The cover of the album was the worst part, it was of PST smiling from behind the mother board. As Gary said last night at blows, that's very strange. What's even weirder is that Gary actually found a huge cockroach in his apartment and it actually hissed. There is an explanation here, apparently fear factor has increased sales at local pet shops for hissing cockroachs. Then last night I had a dream about being on an orphan boat the size of the titantic and pulling in to shore only to get turned away. Maybe it had something to do with Nick and I singing "Consider Yourself a Mate" Funny how I still know all the lines after only viewing it in 8th grade music class. I guess our class just got into it. In addition to the orphan boat, I was in charge of parking cars.? I totally fender bended the bumper off of one car and then broke the front headlight of another car. I know I'm a terrible driver in real life but in this dream, they didn't care that I messed up the cars, they said "it happens to everyone now don't worry about it." That was the confusing part and probably when I woke up. Its interesting to see the evolution of passengers in my car. 5 years ago Will was freaked out to be in a car with me. About a year later he was calm and collected. He said that he's driven with me so much that he doesn't expect danger anymore with my unblemished record. I still give newbies a bit of a few curly hairs(ie marge after she's given birth) but I think my track record stands for itself.

So I got into grad school at U of C and thus enters me back into student status for the next 5 years at least. I cling to being a student like a man with a combover clings to his surviving hairs. I certainly won't feel as guilty at the movie theatres anymore what with using my staff ID and trying to pass it off as an undergraduate ID. I won't walk down the halls of UofC anymore looking at cheap-student flights to Europe with apathy. 299$ round trip, man that'd be great, oh I have to be enrolled, sorry to waste your time, I'll go back to my hamster wheel.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Now when you go to the Al'hambra, you don't have to argue and lie to the guy about your "student" ID. That's an obscure memory, I know, but pilfer through the Spanish brain-wreckage -- it's there.

"Remember when you told me I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

-pip

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations jeff... I expect no less than a fully functioning bionic man on the market within three years.

Wait, I just realized I have no idea what you're going to study.

Good luck anyway.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember any more then "consider yourself part of the family," but I do remember between each line "Duties" were handed out. A lot of singing arm in arm too.

ku

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jeff Schneider said...

Jeff-Pilfer through spanish brain wreckage, why thats so mashed up with sangria and kinder buenos that its reached a gelatenese stage.

Tommy-thanks for congratos, I've entered the pathology program and I won't have the bionic man on the market for five years. Right now you'll have to deal with my lesser known invention. The monkey man. In order to take 2 steps forward you have to take 3 steps back.

Mike-We've taken to you quite swell, its clear that we're going to get along. DUCK fishes.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links