Thursday, February 10, 2005

Annual six month molt

Alas because of grad school interviews I've decided to shed the burden of my mop top and dedicate it to cocks of love. Unfortunately my hair was under six inches so it just went to the floor and then to the garbage. I got my hair cut at a place called Big Hair and I was a little afraid that I'd get an afro which at first was a little enervating but turned out to be curiously strong with modern art on the walls and tattooed pink haired attendants. Two more perks were the over head music being boys don't cry and the price being a measley 12 bones. I used my license and a University ID and told the tatooed cutter to give me something in between. While I looked at pictures on the wall next to her mirror I noticed a fine range of 3's company collector card stickers, a meat rocks sticker in a heart, a picture of Bill Curtis, GW is a Punkass..., a picture of Mary(punk yet religious, one of those, tshirt reading "for a real high, read the bible," she ain't no Miss Bdot Haven), a rainbo photobooth(although I can't pinpoint rainbo due to atomix, schubas, empty bottle and many other fine establishments with PBs). She didn't prod into me as most hair cutters do,"what do you do", "well I blah blah blah." She just cut like edward scissorhands leaving me to stare blankly at her decorated wall. There's something about cutting all your hair off at once. At first its like an image of a cleared rainforest, smoking ground without a sight of natural beauty in the perimeter, but almost immediately after that there is a resurgance and a certain eye-opening head-clearing feeling that your finally sailing at full mast(no philips tent jokes please). "Sometimes I feel I could take on the whole empire by myself. "I know what you mean."

Just a couple moments of karma to report as I don't believe in it but like talking about it. play Euchre every Monday night(almost every) and this past Monday during the second set I started gloating that we were up 6 nil. All of a sudden I start getting dealt 3-4 9/10s per hand for the rest of the round and we lost the set. During the final set I started gloating a little and we I got dealt 3 9s a ten and a queen. I shut my yapper right there and we won. On another karma filled morning I studied my world map shower curtain and was fixated on Mongolia not just due to the tuvan throat singers but to the name of the capital city Ulan Bataar. I thought the name was outstanding, later on that night at pub trivia(in a tiny basement bar of a 120 year old building at UofC) a question in the 2nd round was, "What country's capital city is Ulan Bataar." I nearly crapped my pants(sorry kids Grandma can't play tennis today) and shrieked a glorious yi yi yazaki to the skys. Kudos to Gary for answering the question right about the group who has more #1 records(on billboard top one hundred) than the beatles, the rolling stones, and Elvis combined. Thats right, the Funk Brothers, Motowns very own.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

personally, i wanna get free so you better put a pic up of your new 'do.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links