Monday, February 28, 2005

Its time to come back to earth

So I've been living on the moon for the past week and have gotten exactly 12 square meals and a few elaborate tours.

Here are some highlights:

*On Thursday night I parked on the street in Evanston and thought I was milhouse but there turned out to a tow away zone(3-6am) sign two blocks down. When I got out of the hotel at 8am my car was gone and I cursed the town, did a few aggravated turns in the lobby, and began interviews. After the interviews I caught a taxi to take me to Lake Shore Towing and the taxi driver just laughed and said "Welcome to Evanston, its a motherfucker." He took me to Lake Shore Towing which so happened to be Lake Shore Used Cars as well and began cursing say that the city was corrupt and the people at this yard have no souls. He then opened the door, spit on the ground, and bid me farewell.

**So that night Northwestern took us to a comedy club(improv olympics) and I was hand-picked to explain my day to the comedy troupe on stage in front of everyone. So I went into detail and told them all that happened and spent the next half hour watching my life being acted out impromptu style. After a week of studying and focusing, it was surreal to see your life played out in front of you, in a comedic fashion. Of course I got the standard glavins science bit as well as the taxi guy.

***UofC's interviews started Saturday night and we went out to a fancy dinner downtown but afterwards some brainchild came up with and idea to have everyone meet at Rock Bottom. If anyone's been there they know its a congregating ground not to different from the crowd partying at whirleyball bar on a Saturday Night. Pretty spooky. So I took other people who were interviewing with me to quenchers for Bells, popcorn, and Weezer. I felt it a travesty to come to chicago and to only see Rock Bottom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

It IS time for you to come back and start abusing your body with us again. Remeber - student run is more fun!!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links