Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In the street eh?

Listening to David Cross' bit about finding Condoms in the street reinforced my already somewhat baffling thought that people are having sex in the middle of the street. This all came about when I came out to my car and there was a jimmy tangled and used sitting in middle of street. I tend to see them a bit more heavily in impoverished areas such as hyde park(outside the pearl that is the university part of town. I say pearl because it is a concentrated area of white people with a shell of university police on every corner surrounded by an ocean of poverty and destituteness). I think the urban legend of street sex may be just that when factoring in walks of shame(the male species, although not as frequent, do fall victim to this somber strut) and prostitutes. Yup thats what I've got in my head right now. I'd much rather take the mental shovel and scoop out this stew of sin resting in my cranium but that's impossible.

Kudos to Sarah for the in depth look in to the locomotive running in my brain. I do appreciate it and it probably went something like this: lets see a standard wood burning steam engine(drive) there followed by a few passenger cars(future) a nice dining cart(quality of life) and a sturdy little caboose(past). I agree with my brother in that you should start a blog as the twists and turns of your writing style deserves a better place in life than on my comment section.

2 Comments:

Blogger SES said...

jeff, I just emailed you about the darling/dads show, but I DO have a blog now...I gave up bc I was potentially shutting other peoples' comment posts down with my repeated lengthy rants. it's this: www.einfuhlung.blogspot.com
and don't worry, i know that's a pretty weird german word, but i explain it in an entry a few days ago

hope to see you sunday! btw, do you have any Babyshambles burned or bought at all? I'm thinking I might just buy it, but I wanted to ask you first

10:01 AM  
Blogger SES said...

wait I re-read your comment...thanks!it means a lot that you "get" the twists and turns too...and after babysitting early last week and reading Thomas the Tank Engine stories in alternating accents (faux Brit for the trains and American English for the narrator), I actually can recognize these cars you included on the JEFF train. I love it!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links