Monday, April 04, 2005

viva via formaggi and god bless golden girls

Inspired by the boredom Turok watching endures, I spun the crystal ball of Saturday night and Erich and I soon found ourselves with two gits and an empty porch. I suggested an ode to yishai, otherwise known as the Am Dm Em sullen seance, before long we were dueling. As soon as we started I began to get flashbacks to via Formaggi in Verona full with baseball bats, meat cookies, and ugly back packs. Very soon we had Neock on background vocals and I felt better than my previous computational quagmire. Erich's licks were better than I've ever seen and I'm pretty sure I saw smoke forming around his fingers and the fret board. Falling farther into memory I remember perching on our porch in Verona and playing guitar. I would play everyday after class and everyday there would be the same gypsy girl asking for change at the traffic light near my humble abode. It really makes you feel greedy when some people get dealt such rotten hands in life and you're studying art and italian two days a week and traveling five.

Sunday came like a lightening bolt through the head as I woke up close to 2pm. I decided to make an egg salad sandwich on bread baked by JC. This instantly brought back memories of childhood. Occasionally when my mom was at work my dad would make me lunch. My dad doesn't cook very often but he has a handful of recipes he's mastered: Grandma Schneider Chop Suey, Grandma Schneider Sour Crout, Grandma Schneider Spaghetti, Reubens, Cornbeaf Hash, and Egg Salad. If growing up isn't hard on its own, my dad made me egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Imagine a normal lunch table with me in the middle and my bag closed. As soon as a few scents leaked out the tip of the brown paper bag the kids would move to edges of the tables just like spindle fibers in meiosis. On a completely unrelated story I got beat up by everyone in my class in 3rd grade. Getting back to Sunday I was just about to prepare lunch when Gary calls and asks, "Hey Jeff what's going on today." Sensing danger I began to chant in my head, "please don't ask me to help move, please don't ask me to help move, please don't ask me to help move." that's about when Gary says, "you think you could help us out in 14 mins moving some couches and furniture." I agreed because a solid is a solid and everyone needs a solid once in while. Also he said they're would be some golden girls available. Another sensational wave began to descend upon me, the coveted sunday afternoon post workout golden girl reflecting happiness off the sun. I did my part and enjoyed the cold sodas til the last drop. I even got to play guitar with my brother in the parking lot while he played a 7up bottle and a coat hanger. Not to bad. Not to bad at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bishai said...

Reunion Tour 2012!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links