Thursday, March 17, 2005

I am the last one

So in the words of Sean Connery from the mouth of a dragon, I describe the current blogless nation caused by spring breakers Y2K05. Don't get me wrong I love 90210 the college years, ie D B G and E, but I also thoroughly enjoy rehab Voss trying to get himself out of a rock and the hard place he calls his boss. In addition I need updates of Kit and his hatred for Prunes as well as Will and his political ramble of the week(well the guardian says that...). So I sit here on a fine St. Paddy's day with snowflakes the size of cottonballs and wonder how nice it would be to be sitting in a hole you dug yourself in the sand and just waiting for your next freezie pop watching the tide go out and come back. That beckons me back to Destin 03' and Pip getting creeped out by someone being so nice saying please and thank you as well as nick stealing a beer coozie from a surf shop and me making him return it to pay his 25 cents. Pip puking in the street and Nick imitating him for the whole bar to watch. Beach frisbee and stomach drops on the sand, dolphin heads and Yuri saying "tommy you're stupid." They weren't all good times though. Like when I destroyed Pips MP3 player all in the name of sand wrestling and when Nick was having a smoke next to the gas pump, with a little slo-mo camera turn to Nick flicking his cig into the middle console at the gas station(to which I thought we were in the making of T4. All this 03' nostalgia beckons me back to Destin 00' when Freshmen Kit and Jeff tromp down to the panhandle listening to Micheal Chreiton's Timeline and spending a night in a dormroom in SIU. Fast forward a scene to the beach and you have kit inside beach chair box holding a football, piercing our ears(whats this Dawesons Creek, no we didn't pacie freeze our hair as well) in Panama city, visiting the Truman Show town and driving around in circles, and finally and most triumphantly purchasing our first beer bong. Mr Elam coming to our little beach house and saying "beer man" in the typical mendota voice and seeing 12 silver sodas(coorslight) staring at us. Getting goofy by the docks and driving back for what seemed like 100's of miles with 12 waffle houses and Rocky Racoon on repeat. That was origin, throw in some shuffle board and me getting burnt to a chrisp and you have yourself a novel.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And SB 03 lacked 1 young Will Doran, in england at the time and who is there now without us. But maybe leaving a few (like us?) behind is good otherwise the group hits critical mass and somebody gets injured and I'm not just talking a crab in the face or an atomic tree slam. And don't worry, we have at least 60 more spring breaks ahead of us all. See you at Buster's in 2025.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jeff Schneider said...

Man you're fast, I just posted that. Do you have the internet in your head. I've heard its on computers but wow. Atomic tree slam via postal route

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Remember that fateful morning in Tommy's van returning to beautiful Destin...all-out Stevie Wonder "IT WON'T GO ANY LOUDER!" Man that makes me want to rip a door right off its hinges.

I was like, "Damn..."

7:21 PM  
Blogger one too many mornings said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:39 AM  
Blogger one too many mornings said...

First of all your pre-pubescent OC gang can't hold a candle to the original EQGPBFDS 90210-Melrose super hero posse. Destin this Destin that..we got new orleans baby..new orleans...good ol capri...

I have to agree with you tommy, we had a crew that went to new orleans with about 15 people and it just wasn't the same as the original 5-6 guys that went the first year, critical mass is not a myth I have lived it.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links