Monday, September 27, 2004

Monday Morning Mixtape

This thing was supposed to be a conversation stimulator...

I saw Miyazaki's Spirited Away which was probably the best anime I've ever seen and as many of you know I'm pretty reserved on that stuff. This movie blew me away and I definitely recommend it. Its a bit strange these days as censors are going crazy with what America's children can watch and what is deemed appropriate. This movie definitely wouldn't get mainstream acceptance because its a little scary at parts(parents getting turned into pigs) but its my belief that there is an overkill of censorship since columbine. We turned out fine and we had such scary movies as the Black Cauldren and Dumbo(parent stuffed in a tiny cage/dumbo getting wasted). The censorship game is just another way for parents to take the blame off themselves.

On a saturday I thought of a great beginning for a movie about a super intelligent 35 year old man. This could also fit as an extra in Heat Vision and Jack. But I was thinking that it would go "He's even smarter than child geniuses" and it would flash to a scene of him beating bobby fisher in chess "rook takes king you son of a..." The next scene he would say "agh" and more child geniuses would run away. This seemed funny in my head on saturday night but I should probably elaborate on it a bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links