Wednesday, August 04, 2004

angry eagle from the muppet show

I thoroughly enjoy midweek weekends. On a whim I decided to go to the beach for lunch(same amount of time allotment so I'm not playing hooky its down the street). I sat at the lakes edge eating a porkchop and realized I would have never done this if it wasn't my friend's birthday. That night I went to see "guess who's coming to dinner" at Grant Park and picnicked with Mellow Yellow Fried Chicken. I was a little worried myself. I thought I'd be eating twenty ounce bottles but the chicken turned out to be superb. There was a Mickey Mouse short before where Mickey takes down a giant with a thread and a needle to win the hand of Minnie. I really could relate to Mickey except for the giant and needle stuff. During the credits at the end of the show an outstanding rainstorm blew in and led everyone to start screaming since the wind was so hard. To give you a better picture, Buckingham Fountain was shooting sideways as apposed to up. Even neater it was blowing right on the congregation of people in the park. It wasn't dangerous or anything but I've never seen something so amazing. After the movie we went back to Hyde Park where I decided to stay for the night. We walked to a bar and I saw the angry eagle from the muppet show on the way. I really lost it. I included the picture to make my point. We stayed at the bar far past close because the bartender liked one of my friends so we sat at a table with only one light on in the entire bar. We listened to the Ocean by the VU and really enjoyed where we were. Not just at the bar but the entire day. I sang tired of being alone by Al Green at the top of my lungs and JC was humoring me and telling me he really understands the song now. He said its impossible to write a song because everything that's cool has been said already. In any case we walked home but really we were falling from some fantasyland that we found. In the morning JC and I went and got gyro omeletes from a restaurant called Salonica. I made it to work on time and everything was right in the world

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links