Thursday, February 01, 2007

A team from a certain city that starts with a ch ends in o and in the middle you got a hicag

Da Bears fever is catching on. I've worn my superbowl bears hoodie for about a week straight and its razer sharp line between uncleanliness and superfan status.

Moving on to the daily commute, I drove by a lady with a bumper sticker that said keep the earth clean its not uranus. Insulting and eco-concsious.

As for music.

The Arcade Fire-Neon Bible: I'be been really listening to the new arcade fire lately and am becoming slowly obsessed. Right from the getgo with black mirror the album is stellar. This album has more of an orchestral approach and makes it feel more developed which is a good thing. I can't wait to see them when they come back to chicago

The Shins-Wincing the Night away: Moving on to a band I would rather not see again. Its hard to top chutes to narrow but this album goes from slowly buildup poppy wonderland over the course of 11 songs and I want more. It makes me think James Mercer runs around the studio with 15 copies of himself a la malcovich adding keys, background vocals, and claps. My favorite part is when Mercer sings "want to want to multiply...all I want is one more saturday". Its like he's saying what were all thinking but too slow to put down on paper.



GO BEARS!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

let's get nostalgic, schneider

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links