Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Next stop Fifth Avenue

After the show on Saturday Night I picked up a dirty and went over to Nicks. People slowly trickled in from the Rainbo and Dannys. For the next 4 hours I didn't move from the seat on the rickety table. It really was like that part in Garden State minus the spin the bottle/grope session. It was replaced with Tommy and will whacking each other in the back with a giant wooden rod and Dan and Emmett doing JC Superstar to a capital T. Nick set everything to the anthem of a Night at the Opera and danced around in circles that became so infectious that people began to spin on his cartoon shadows. The night came to a close at around 4:45 and the sky was getting light.

When I woke up I had a drive to make everyone banana pancakes. Only I didn't get the memo and everyone ate already at Leo's. I still made BP's and people ate them with a combination of sympathy and laser beams. I was really in the mood of flipping BP's long distant in a 500 fashion so I began throwing them out the window to everyone outside. I tried to throw one through the fan and my thinking was that it would go up and down without getting hit like a magic BP but really it just splattered everywhere. Linx ate a few nanners from the floor.

We went up to Will's new Lakehouse and had one of those days at the beach that you don't get back. Times like that can only be described as Tectonica. We may not have gotten all the way down to Hans Moleman but the five founders shed a tear when hands we're held subterranean style under the city of dreams.

As a wind down we went to Quenchers on the night of Labor Day and started out normal but we ended up splitting pitches and before I knew it we were watching Dark Crystal and eating stale plain gold fish. I remember walking outside on the porch to find Nick,Will, and Mari standing like bean-poles in a competing of who could stay planted on two feet. Times like that you have to take a step back and say "Yup quarter past two, I think we're coming into the train station about now"

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

You are awesome, and that was one of the best weekends ever. LONG LIVE TECTONICA AND IT'S GLORIOUS FOUNDERS!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links