Saturday, March 10, 2007

This is the news.

So I jumped on aol to read a few strange emails to my crazy old email account from when I was 16 or so. It is MXRebo9058 and I thought it up on the way to band class(old south campus LT before the new pool and segways.) in one of those terribly winding hallways that are extremely conducible to one-on-one fist fights. The name came from a mash of the max rebo band from jabas palace. Getting back to the point of this blog, I was about to sign into my ancient old aol account to get updates on metronews, sangria drink specials, and maybe an occasional stock update and I shit you not I the most interesting title: Iraqis Claim Capture of Top al-Qaida Leader
After this I saw the most bizarre set of pictures that were quote on qoute in sync with the story.

first photo:

the caption for this one reads: Iraqi army soldiers search drivers and motorists at a vehicle checkpoint in Baghdad on Friday. Don't forget the full body cavity check al la waynes world.

how about the next picture, things are sure to get more normal:


This is the best point. The reader has no idea how weird this picture could be. I must say I thought it was possibly some weird sport only played in Iraq. N0pe, sure enough there is a very strange caption for this pictuer: Amid relentless violence, Shiite pilgrims pour into Karbala Thursday to mark a religious holiday. This man had dirt on his face to signify grief. This definitely struck me as a weird situation going on. Whats with the dude with dirt on his face.

Do I even need to move on to the next picture in the series:
This isn't even any fun anymore. What the hell could this mean. Ninja possibly, one weird long phrase taped to mask definitely, gaze inappropriate. Here is what the caption actually read: The pilgrims are marking Arbain, the end of a 40-day mourning period since Ashura, which marks the death of Prophet Mohammad's grandson.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links