Friday, April 15, 2005

The Shinning was a little dark

Quiet boy do you want to get us sued?

scenario #1

I must say although I was super charged for the shins show like some one with a wocket in there pocket, I was a little dissapointed. All I'm saying is that I want to relive the first time I heard chutes to narrow. That magical feeling like your floating(you got them all on your side, the judge....wah wah wahhhhh). When I go to the shows it just feels like they have a jambox on stage and Mercer walks across and pushes play. I've been two 3 shins shows now and I keep expecting something unreal but they've been touring for 3 years on one album and I'm getting sick. Aside from a couple newbies and magnetic fields cover, the show was pretty formulaic.

scenario #2

Mercer looked kind of scared on stage as he usually does. He looked a little more like that guy who mumbles under the bright light in The Usual Suspects. It triggered a thought process in my head that maybe they're being forced to play the htis. Mercer was isolated from the rest of the band on the side with a spotlight on his face. I couldn't see his leg, they're maybe have been a cartoon barbell attached to it. In any case they came on with the hits and big brother opened up the ceiling and whispered, "Since Garden State has done so well why don't you play New Slang." It didn't even seem like a choice anymore. Okay we'll play it again. New Slang when you notice....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here
Links